DiagMonAgent’s full name is Diagnostic Monitor Agent. It is an Android system application found on Samsung devices. Its’ job is diagnosing malfunctioning programs and sending reports to developers. Some people think the app is some bloatware, or their phone is hacked, but it’s completely false, as mentioned above.
DiagMonAgents is important:
It does a lot more than just diagnosing programs. It also lets someone manually test his device’s touch screen, speaker, cameras, vibration, sensors like Proximity, Lights, Gyroscope, Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Magnetic etc.
Functions of DiagMonAgent:
Display Diagnosis: Run Diagnostics Tests on the smartphone to examine the functions like colour display, touch sensitivity etc.
Microphone Diagnosis: This diagnostic feature of DiagMonAgent allows the user to check if the microphone and speaker on Android are working properly. To run the test user needs to speak a word or sentence and wait for the mobile to speak back the told lines.
Vibration Diagnosis: DiagMonAgent also lets the user checks if the vibrator of the android smartphones is working properly.
Other Diagnosis: If the user is using a Samsung phone, the DiagMonAgent lets him checking the other hardware and sensors like fingerprint, acceleration sensor, camera sensor to check and diagnose.
Issues caused by DiagMonAgent:
- Sending report notification after turning on Wi-Fi: After turning on the Wi-Fi, the notification bar shows “sending report”, which is requested by the DiagMonAgent app, and the notification can be seen on Android 5 and some above versions. There is no exact information about what report it sends, but the author believes it has something to do with other system programs.
It is a part of how the DiagMonAgent works. If anyone sees it once after turning on the Wi-Fi, it shouldn’t be a problem, but if someone is constantly seeing it, then something must be wrong.
- DiagMonAgent has stopped message: It has stopped message is a well-known issue on Samsung devices. Sometimes the message starts appearing when the users are trying to do important tasks, which can be pretty annoying.
If someone is facing this issue, in the next section, the author has explained some methods that he can use to fix the issue.
“DiagMonAgent has stopped message” fixing process:
There are multiple methods for fixing this issue but before users start following the steps mentioned in one of the methods, unroot their devices if it’s rooted and check for firmware updates.
First, the author recommends Force stopping the app and other easy solutions fron avoiding uninstalling the app; if nothing works, users may have to remove the app permanently.
It is safe to remove DiagMonAgent:
The author doesn’t recommend disabling or permanently removing the app until it’s the last option. If the methods do not work, users can avoid deleting the app and flash the stock firmware. Flashing the stock firmware will 100% fix the issue, and user can do it themselves using a firmware flashing tool like Samsung Odin.
Method 1: Force Stop and Clear Cache & Data: Although the probability of fixing the issue with this method is low in comparison to other methods, it only takes a few minutes to clear cache & data and then Force stop the app.
- Go to device Settings.
- Find and tap on Apps.
- Tap on the Ellipsis icon.
- Tap on Show system apps.
- Tap on DiagMonAgent.
- Finally, Tap on Clear data; this will delete clear cache & data.
Method 2: Factory Reset Your Device: Factory resetting user device will wipe their device’s data, including downloaded apps. Before user factory reset, the author recommends the user to “Backup your device” and try the “Reset setting”, option first; it only resets all settings to their defaults without erasing their data.
The “Reset settings” option should be on top of the menu where the factory reset option is available.
- Go to device Settings.
- Tap on General Management.
- Tap on the “Reset” option.
- Tap on “Factory data reset”, and the device will open a window with the list of all the data that will be erased.
- Scroll down, tap on the “Reset button”, and confirm screen lock if users have any.
Once the process is done, the user device will restart, and hopefully, they will not see the “DiagMonAgent has stopped” message again.
Method 3: Uninstall the DiagMonAgent: If method 1 and 2 does not work, then the user can uninstall the DiagMonAgent app using a system app remover or Android Debug Bridge.
DiagMonAgent App uninstalling process:
Use Android Debug Bridge: It is a tool user can use to run commands on their device. It may seem difficult to use ADB if users are not non-tech-savvy, but it’s not if they carefully follow all the steps.
- Go to Device Setting>System>About phone.
- Tap the build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- Go back to the previous menu and open Developer Options.
- Turn on USB debugging.
- Download ADB on your computer.
- Please create a new folder and extract the ZIP file into it.
- Once extraction is done, open that folder.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here”.
- Enter “adb devices” command.
- Connect the Android device to the PC using a cable.
- Run the command “adb shell pm uninstall –user0.com.sec.android.diagmonagent” to remove the app.
Use System App Remover:
- Download and install the system app remover.
- Launch the app, search for DiagMonAgent.
- Now checkmark the box next to the app.
- Finally, tap on the uninstall button.