Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the game can help fix the problem that emerges over time. Sometimes the game cannot be uninstalled despite following proper steps. Below are some ways to uninstall Guild Wars 2–
How to uninstall guild wars 2 automatically:
- Search for and open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Find Guild Wars 2 in the list. Either double-click the entry or select it and click the Uninstall/Change button at the top of the window to open the uninstall window.
- Click on the red “Uninstall guild wars 2” button in the window that pops up.
- One person can see the “Uninstall Successful” message, then can safely exit the Control Panel.
Possible problems when uninstalling guild war 2:
# Guild Wars 2 is not listed in Programs and Features.
# Person does not have sufficient access to uninstall Guild Wars 2.
# A file required for this uninstallation to complete could not be run.
# An error has occurred. Not all of the file was successfully uninstalled.
# Another process that is using the file stops Guild Wars 2 from being uninstalled.
# Files and folders of Guild Wars 2 can be found on the hard disk after the uninstallation.
How to uninstall guild wars 2 manually:
Below is the process of uninstalling Guild Wars 2 manually-
Method 1: Uninstall guild wars 2 via programs and features:
When a new piece of program is installed on anyone the system, that program is added to the list in Programs and Features. When anyone wants to uninstall the program, he can go to the Programs and Features to uninstall it. So, when anyone wants to uninstall Guild Wars 2, the first solution is to uninstall it via Programs and Features.
- Open Programs and Features: Click Start, type Uninstall A Programs in the Search programs and files box and then click the result. Open the WinX menu by holding Windows and X keys together, and then click Programs and Features.
- Look for Guild Wars 2 in the list, click on it and then click Uninstall to initiate the uninstallation.
Method 2: Uninstall guild wars 2 with its uninstaller.exe:
Most computer programs have an executable file named uninst000.exe or uninstall.exe or something along these lines. Anyone can find this file in the installation folder of Guild Wars 2.
- Go to the installation folder of Guild Wars 2.
- Find uninstall.exe or unins000.exe.
- Double click on its uninstaller and follow the wizard to uninstall Guild Wars 2.
Method 3: Uninstall guild wars 2 via system restore:
System Restore is a utility that comes with Windows operating systems and helps computer users restore the system to a previous state and remove programs interfering with the operation of the computer. If anyone has created a system restore point prior to installing a program, then he can use System Restore to restore his system and completely eradicate the unwanted programs like Guild Wars 2. Anyone should backup his personal files and data before doing a System Restore.
- Close all files and programs that are open.
- On the desktop, right-click Computer and select Properties. The system window will display.
- On the left side of the System window, click System protection. The System Properties window will display.
- Click System Restore and, the System Restore window will display.
- Select Choose a different restore point and click Next.
- Select a date and times from the list and then click Next. Anyone should know that all programs and driver installed after the selected date and time may not work properly and may need to be reinstalled.
- Click Finish when the “Confirms your restore point” window appears.
- Click Yes to confirm again.
Method 4: Uninstall guild wars 2 with antivirus:
Nowadays, computer malware appears like common computer applications, but they are much more difficult to remove from the computer; such malware gets into the computer with the help of Trojans and spyware. Other computer malware like adware programs or potentially unwanted programs is also very difficult to remove. They usually get installed on anyone system by bundling with freeware software like video recording, games or pdf convertors. They can easily bypass the detection of antivirus programs on anyone system. If anyone cannot remove Guild Wars 2 like other programs, then it’s malware or not.
Method 5: Reinstall guild wars 2 to uninstall:
When the file required to uninstall Guild Wars 2 is corrupted or missing, it will not be able to uninstall the program. In such circumstance, reinstalling Guild Wars 2 may do the trick. Run the installer either in the original disk or the download file to reinstall the program again. Sometimes, the program installer may allow anyone to repair or uninstall the program as well.
Method 6: Use the uninstall command displayed in the Registry:
- Hold Windows and R keys to open the Run command, type in Regedit in the box and click OK.
- Navigate the following registry key and find the one of Guild Wars 2.
- Double click on the UninstallString value, and copy its Value Data.
- Hold Windows and R keys to open the Run command, paste the Value Data in the box and click OK.
- Follow the wizard to uninstall Guild Wars 2.
Method 7: Uninstall guild wars 2 with a Third-party uninstaller:
The manual uninstallation of Guild Wars 2 requires computer skills and patience to accomplish. Too many useless files also occupy the free space of anyone hard disk and slow down his PC speed. So, it’s recommended that anyone uninstall Guild Wars 2 with a trusted third-party uninstaller that can scan his system, identify all files of Guild Wars 2 and completely remove them.
It is possible to uninstall Guild Wars 2 by following the rules mentioned above.