Windows Operating system allows user to create multiple user account to display in login screen. But you can hide a perticular user account or you can create a Hidden user account.
First you have to create a User account to make it Hidden in Login screen. (follow the steps below for Windows Vista and Windows 7)
Control panel > User Account and Family Safety > Add or Remove User Account
If you already have an existing user that wants to be Hidden from login screen , then follow the guide below.
- Run Registry editor (press win + r and type regedit )
- Navigate to following registry key
Note : If SpecialAccounts and UserList is not found, create new sub-key.
- Select UserList, and in the right pane, right click on any blank space, and point to New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new DWORD registry value name as the exact same name that match the name of the user account to be hidden.
For example : if the user account is WinSpark, then registry value should be WinSpark.
- Double click on DWORD registry value, and set the value data to “0″ in oder to hide the account from Welcome Screen.
To display the user account on Welcome Screen again delete the registry entry, or set the value data to “1″.
- Exit the registry and restart Windows to make the change.
To login into Windows using an user account that has made hidden and invisible, just press Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up Windows Logon dialog, and then type in the user name and password manually.